Executive with experience in managing the development of and launching of digital products, creative leadership, program management and providing leadership to creative, technology teams. I lead teams that deliver engaging, innovative digital experiences and applications leveraging the latest digital mediums such as virtual reality, augmented reality, touch screens, digital walls, responsive websites and content management systems. I excel in interacting with broad populations in including C-level executives, clients, creatives, customers and vendors.
Senior UX Producer / User Experience Team
NIKE/FILTER DIGITAL | Portland, OR | June 2016 - present
Managing multiple workflows across internal and external teams to create highly functional and visibly appealing experiences for NikeiD, Nike’s customization business, on nike.com, mobile, retail and tablet across user experience, brand design, product and technology teams.
- Provided structure, process, documentation and oversight to ensure user experience met with agreed upon business objectives, requirements, design, brand design and style guides.
- Collaborated with NikeID design, brand design and development for prioritizing features for new mobile personalization experience releases including developing schedules, project plans and adjusting to changing environment and priorities.
- Assessed, reported and escalated product user experiences issues to ensure performance, quality and requirements were met.
- Enabled collaborative communication, successfully gained alignment and obtained buy-in from stakeholders on issues across NIKEiD departments to resolve issues and move digital product development forward in this highly matrixed organization.
Senior Project Manager / LA METRO Digital Communications
ZEHNER GROUP | Culver City, CA | Sept 2015 - May 2016
Led product development teams as a servant-leader to build team cohesion and cultivating digital platforms that deliver engaging experiences.
- Managed project to launch redesign of Los Angeles bus, subway and light rail transit agency website that serves 4.5 million visitors per month.
- Partnered across internal agency, offshore development and external user experience teams to ensure user experience, content, production and performance all met agency requirements.
- Led multivendor team including mobile developers, user experience experts, and designers redesigning LA Metro’s mobile application, Go Metro used by 16 million users per month.
- Translated Los Angeles bus, subway and light rail transit agency (LA Metro) product requirement documents, business objectives into technical specifications utilizing JIRA.
- Developed Agile project structure within and wrote technical focused, detailed and programmer ready epics, user stories, acceptance criteria.
Senior Producer / Virtual and Augmented Reality
TRIGGER GLOBAL (contract) | Santa Monica, CA | May 2015 - Sept 2015
Led the delivery of products for mobile innovation agency for global brands that combines Hollywood creativity with industry-leading augmented and virtual reality technologies.
- Produced final delivery of LEGO mobile games for clients by leading team of designers, Unity game developers and software engineers.
- Responsible for augmented reality tablet learning application for a consortium of clients including the San Diego Public Library, e3 Civic High School, the city of San Diego and Qualcomm.
Executive Producer / User Experience Design Lead
INHANCE DIGITAL | Los Angeles, CA | Mar 2013 - Apr 2015
Digital Agency specializing in interactive experiences for trade shows, events and corporate facilities.
Delivered feature film and game quality experiences comprised of interactive touch screens, digital media, web, mobile, videos, social media, and CMS to Fortune 100 clients.
- Orchestrated design, development and launch of two year $1.3+ Million software product that drives digital content, screen sharing, and facility lighting control for Boeing Marketing’s state-of-the-art center that markets jetliners to prospective airline customers.
- Conducted team workshops across in LA and Seattle to develop creative vision, strategy, use cases, technical design document, user manuals and business requirements.
- Established culture, processes, research for agency team to enable the development of Boeing’s digital platform and product projects.
- Created and managed all project schedules, budgets for external vendors and in-house resources.
PHILIP ROWE DESIGNS | West Hollywood, CA | Sept 2000 - Aug 2014
Owned design and consulting business where I designed, developed and launched websites, web applications, logos and branding for studios, non-profits, TEDx speakers, non-profit organizations, fashion startups, artists, musicians and health care professionals.
- Led all design from concept through launch of re-designed websites for non-profits.
Director of Technology/Project Manager
2G DIGITAL POST | Burbank, CA | Sept 2011 - Mar 2013
Post production studio delivering TV series and films to Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- Launched studio’s web digital product in 4 months after project had floundered for 2 years.
- Delivered iTunes metadata prototype in 3 weeks that was demoed to Apple management.
Director Data Operations
DASHBOX | Santa Monica, CA | Aug 2010 - Sept 2011
Startup cloud music synchronization licensing web application.
- Led operations team including support, installation, updates, delivery and pre-sales support.
Director Systems Administration
EDMUNDS.COM | Santa Monica, CA | Sept 2007 - Sept 2009
Managed 3 operations teams of 10 including managers with budget responsibility of $4 million.
- Developed a 5 year technology roadmap which decreased costs by $1.3 million over 3 years.
Director Systems Services
WARNER MUSIC GROUP | Burbank, CA | June 2004 - Sept 2007
Directed global team in LA and NY of 12 staff with a budget in excess of $2 million.
- Increased throughput by 560% by implementing innovative technologies for digital music business.
LOYOLA MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY, Master of Business Administration
UCLAEXTENSION, Design Communication Arts
UCLA, Bachelor of Science, Engineering
- Toastmasters International - public speaking organization - District and Club officer.
- Crew Credits: “The Time Machine”, “Thir13en Ghosts”, “The Road to El Dorado”, “The Prince of Egypt”
- Project - JIRA, Slack, Trello, Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Wrike, Tactic, Rally, Smartsheet
- Design - Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- UX/Prototyping - Axure Pro, Justinmind Prototyper, Balsamiq, InVision, Sketch